Guess what? That's okay 🙂
When you’re asked about your wedding style does your answer sound something like this, “rustic elegance with a hint of glam; not too whimsical, but not traditional either; some color, but not too much color…ummm”?
Don’t worry, it’s not always easy to articulate your style or pinpoint it with a couple of words. While planning my own wedding I was, "rustic, whimsical, romantic, colorful but not too vibrant and casual but not too casual," so I totally hear you. And I’m here to tell you that you’re not broken. We can absolutely help you find your wedding paper style without it turning into a daunting project.
Honestly, you may just be the type of person who will know what you like when you see it. And no, that doesn’t mean you have to look at every sample in our studio (trust me, you’d be here for days), it just means you need a little guidance and that’s what we’re here for. I promise, you’re not the first person to admit “I have no idea what I want” and you certainly won’t be the last. The good news is, being in the stationery world for so long, we have ways of helping guide you toward the perfect save the dates, invitations and day-of stationery without any unnecessary stress.
If you want some homework before your appointment, here’s what I recommend… go on Pinterest and pin with abandon! It’s a little trick I learned from The Nester.
Here’s how it works:
• Create a separate “wedding inspiration” folder.
• Type “wedding” or “wedding inspiration” in the search bar.
• Tag anything that catches your eye!
• Don’t worry if something it looks too rustic, too glam, too white or too colorful. If you like it, just pin it!
• Pin at least 50 items.
Now, look back at your findings. I bet you’ll start to notice patterns. Have your fiancé or mom take a look too — they may see a pattern you missed. Your pins might not necessarily read “rustic” or “classic & nautical.” Instead, you’ll probably notice you pinned a lot of neutrals or a lot of greenery. These little clues are super helpful and take the pressure away from putting your style into a box that might not really feel like you or your wedding.
If you did the Pinterest exercise, comment below! I’d love to hear about your findings and make a few suggestions for you 🙂
xoxo, Fat Cat
- Moody Invitation Collection designed and photographed by Bella Figura
- Save the Date Collection designed by Bella Figura, photographed by Fat Cat Paperie
- Gray and Gold Monogram Invitation designed and photographed by Fat Cat Paperie
- Modern Invitation Collection designed and photographed by Bella Figura