Wedding Stationery Checklist and Time Line
To help you stay on schedule, this checklist will be useful as a general timeline. Please know that not every item listed may apply to you. Most wedding experts will advise that the choosing and creating of your invitation takes anywhere from six to eight months.
7 — 8 Months
• Choose and order /create save-the-date cards.
2015 The Knot Best of Weddings Fat Cat Paperie Badge
• Meet with Fat Cat to discuss the creation of your invitation.
• Local weddings: Mail save-the-date cards.
• Invitation style and wording should be finalized at this point.
• Order your invitation.
• If you are choosing to use a calligrapher to address your envelopes, now is the time to book her or him.
• Start compiling your guest list.
• Allow yourself plenty of time to address your envelopes (two-four weeks).
• Before you buy postage weigh the complete invitation and reply card with envelope at the post office.
• Don’t forget to purchase stamps for the reply card envelope.
• Apply postage to reply card.
• Assemble and seal invitations.
• Apply postage to the invitation envelopes.
• Mail invitations.
• If you have a B list, this is the last call to send them out.
• Mail rehearsal dinner invitations.
• Mail post wedding brunch invitations.
• Order Thank You cards.
• Contact guests who have not rsvp’d.
• Send guest list to Fat Cat so place cards can be created.
• Don’t forget to have Fat Cat design your table cards.
• Have ceremony programs created and printed by Fat Cat.